- We started working since 1995, even before registering as an organization, for the empowerment of needy women. Our journey began with training women to manufacture soft toys and other handicrafts.
- In 2002, we set up a clinic in Patulia, a remote area of Khardah, where residents barely had access to medical facilities. A number of doctors regularly visit the clinic where the patients are charged a subsidized fee.
- In the year 2005-2006 onwards, we organize several Awareness generation programs on different Environmental issues.
- In 2007, Abhikshan Shiksha Kendra was set up in Shantinagar, Rahara, to encourage education among first-generation learners from the nearby settlements.
- In 2012 – 2013, we Started an Adult Education Program under Abhikshan Shiksha Kendra.
Rahara Abhikshan is an independent non - profit organization dedicated to building a better and brighter tomorrow for the underprivileged. We are a value-based organization comprising a group of educated, devoted and socially conscious individuals of different age groups. We have committed to this since 1995, five years prior to our registration in 1999-2000.
12, Santinagar,rahara,Kolkata-700 118.
291,S.K.Deb Road, Kolkata-700 048.
Phone : 033-25340811/ 9433965148/ 9903474599
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org